Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Mushroom Update!

Ok so after waiting like a week and a half I dug up the seeds because I saw nothing happening.  They all rotted.  So plan #2!

I knew I only planted half that package for a reason!  I decided to stir up the soil and just sprinkle the rest of the seeds on top of the soil.  I sprinkled them so they covered the whole soil and then put a little water in the bag, swished and poured that out also.  Do not forget, Mushrooms are spores and not seeds..so all that dust in the bag is actually spores.  After I watered them I again placed the cover on and the blanket.  Now this is a week later.
that is a nice seed going.  They vary between ones like that and ones say up and to the left of that one.  Here is another picture of a bigger area.

As you can see the white area is growing nicely.  These look like tiny spider webs and are what you want. They will spread out really well over the next week.  Then I will try to cover them with damp newspaper and hope I do not kill them.  Right now they are in the dark at 70 degrees and I water them daily to make the top damp.  Apparently I am to move them next week into a cooler area that is still dark but place the newspaper on top and let them sprout buds.  That is suppose to take another two weeks or so.  Here's hoping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment