Friday, December 30, 2011

My pantry

Well today I moved my food.  Those of you who know, we have been redoing our breezeway so that it is a utility, laundry, canning kitchen, and pantry.  Well we've expanded more than planned and I am very impatient.  I asked my husband to buy some shelves. I just need all my food together. I can't stand not knowing how much I have! 

We went to Menards and bought $24 shelving units.  My husband will get them for the garage after I get my pantry built.  Let's hope that is in the near future...I have a feeling it is in the distant future lol.  Oh well eventually i will have it.  Right now all my food is in one location ..mostly. 

Here is the shelving unit and all my canned food.
Top shelf has Jams, broth, and corn.  Middle shelf has peas, carrots, and green beans.  Third shelf has cabbage in tomato soup, some store bought canned tomatoes, spagetti sauce, and then just plain tomatoes.  The bottom shelf has bread and butter pickles, sweet pickles, turnips, greens, and pears.

My pantry will be the span of about three of these shelving units wide..a tad bigger.  I am so excited that I will be able to store more things.  This would typically be full at the start of winter for our family of 4. It will last most of the winter and carry over will be added to the next years canning.  There is not much left by April when I start canning my greens again.

No comments:

Post a Comment