Monday, May 16, 2011

Making pasta

Ok so I am really going to try to blog everyday about what I do.  Today I am gonna type a couple entries. One is of course about this awesome pasta maker I just got.  My aunt garage sales and then sells the stuff she finds on ebay to make money.  I was on facebook and happened to mention about my perfect bread loaf I made and I was all excited.  She said she had this pasta maker that she picked up and wanted to know if I wanted it for free. Well yeah! So while my bread was rising i decided to make some pasta.  This pasta maker is  this model.  The video said 1993 so I'm guessing its around then.
The directions are easy to follow and it basicly takes 2 cups of flour(provided measuring cup), 2 eggs, and 1 TBS olive oil and then you fill the rest with a little water in yet another provided measuring cup.  I was worried I would mess it up but did the "large" batch anyway.
Here is the product. I decided to cut my pasta about 6 inches or so because we break them into pieces anyway really.  I am going to dehydrate this batch to see how crumbly and how well it dehydrates.  This is what the one batch I made turned into.
Holy Smokes! it was a bit more than I thought.  I have had them in the dehydrator for about an hour now and I must say you really need to separate them well and they are a bit brittle.  I went in and tried to separate them a little now that they are semi-dry and they are breaking into smaller pieces.  I might try a different recipe next time or try cooking a batch and then dehydrating them.  All in all it only took like 10 minutes really to make all this pasta and can easily be done while my bread is rising.  The dehydrator is nice and warm on top so it makes a great place to let my bread rise.  I hope my family likes this pasta.  We will see in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment