Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pasta making number 2

So after my first attempt at making pasta and drying it, it became very brittle.  I had used a dehydrator at 135 like my dehydrator website had directed. It only took like an hour or so.  I havent tasted it because I put it away the other day.  Tonight I decided we would eat spagetti and I would try another recipe included in the book. One I felt would hold up better.  I decided to make a large batch again and do 4 things with it.  One part I am letting air dry on my cooling rack, another part I put in the dehydrator ( one 105 this time), another part I cooked and then dehydrated (at 105 also).  I tossed it in a little olive oil first to help the sticking but of course I cant make it straight again lol.  Here is a picture of my cooked now dehydrating pasta.
The last and final thing I wanted to do was EAT IT!  I cooked it up..it only took a few minutes. I was heating the water to a boil while I was making the pasta so again, time saver, and I was done cooking before I knew it!  This recipe is absolutely delicious!! The entire family loves it so guess what?! NO MORE BUYING PASTA!  I love this machine and was the best free thing ever.  Here is the finished product.  I went ahead and used store bought sauce because I wasnt sure how it would cook but next time I will use my homemade spaghetti sauce instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment