Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Peach Cobbler

We haven't had this in a while and I decided to make some.  This would be better with fresh cut peaches but its not peach season :(   First I'm going to give you the recipe.  I have successfuly used this with cherry, apple, and blueberry fillings/pieces also.  The pan I am using is a 9x13 that is about 1-2 inches deep.  Ok so here is the recipe..its is awesome and I thank her for posting it.
 I use fresh peaches if I can but when I cant I use what I have.  I got 2 of these dented cans for way cheaper than what you would find at the normal grocery store.  Originally I was only going to make a half batch but accidently measured out too much of the ingredients.  When I told my husband he said..hm..opps, oh well!  LOL guess he wants a nice heaping spoonful!
 Before you dump the peaches in please BUTTER THE PAN.  It is so much better with butter all over.  I know the recipe says to butter the pan but you would be suprised how many actually dont butter the pan.  No spraying pam is not the same..use butter with a paper towel or whatever.  So here are the peaches in the buttered pan.
 When you make the topping, put the sugar, cinnamon, and flour in together.  You do not have to use salt and I dont.  You also do not have to sift the flour if you put it in with the sugar. The sugar does that for you when you mix it up.  Then soften your butter, not melted...only SOFTEN.  Cut it together with a fork like you do a pie crust.  You will get slightly mushier lumps.  Some will be small and some larger.  Dont over stir or it will all be come soggy large lumps.
 When you have most of the sugar and flour mixure into the clumps, then sprinkle it on top.  You can break up the larger chunks a little but I dont really.  They make nice crunchy pieces.  So here is what it should look like before entering the oven.
You want to bake this until its bubbling and the top is brown and crispy.  It will bubble fairly quick so just keep checking the topping to see that it is nice and crispy.  If you pull it out too early you will have doughy centers in your larger chunks.  Here is the finished product. It will take the time posted in the recipe.  Mine didnt brown all that much this time around. oh well still delich!

No comments:

Post a Comment